Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

We stand on guard for thee!


Not a lot of time to write this morning as I am heading off for the park to take in the festivities. I did have to make a quick entry to say that I realize how lucky I was to be born in a country as great as Canada.

Unfortunately there are many that have not yet clued into the fact that Canada is something special, and by their indifference we will suffer. Show your fellow Canadians that you care about your country: volunteer at something, pick up litter even if it is not yours, reduce, reuse and recycle, hug your kids - do anything that shows you care about those things that make Canada great. Then when you are singing those words about "standing on guard for thee" you can really belt it out because you have done your bit to protect our great land.

Now I shall go off to enjoy the patriotic fervor and hot dogs at Riverside Park.

Peace - eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hope that you tried other food as well:-) We are feeling the same way about being Canadian:-)

    Best,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Ever since old Rebel rolled on me and I've been strapped to this old hospital bed I've enjoyed whatever posts come my way.