Thursday, July 8, 2010

Somebody owes me some MAD money!

I think the similarities are obvious (Alfred E. Neuman left, and author right, circa 1966)

They say if you look long enough you will come across your exact double. I was hoping mine would be more in keeping with a character like Sam Spade, or Archie of Nero Wolfe fame. But no, I am going through some old family photos and I see that Mad Magazine had shamelessly copied my image to use as their mascot.

So, I did some quick thinking and I figure my likeness has been used nearly 173,208 times in the Mad Magazine (yes I googled it) and that, at a nominal rate of $127.80 per use - the standard modeling fee, pro-rated for compound interest - I should be in line for a image use cheque in the neighbourhood of $2.1 million dollars.

Once my cheque comes in, I'll put up my feet and I'll be the one saying "What, me worry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Ever since old Rebel rolled on me and I've been strapped to this old hospital bed I've enjoyed whatever posts come my way.