Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birds on the brain



These are some of the birds that were feeding on the ground after the bears destroyed their feeding stations. Watch the little house finch on the left as he puffs up his feathers to ward off the cold.

The house sparrow on the right I think is a young bird as you can still see the yellow around his beak. The yellow I think is an adaptation to trigger the feeding response from the parents. Fortunately for the kids the parents are hard wired to keep feeding no matter how old the offspring - hence my predilection towards visiting around lunch time at my folk's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Ever since old Rebel rolled on me and I've been strapped to this old hospital bed I've enjoyed whatever posts come my way.