- I’ve filled up a couple of hard drives with the video I’ve shot
- hiked a couple of hundred kilometers of trails: some new, some old familiar favourites.
- made it to the national finals on CBC
- started writing three different books
- found some cool snake hunting spots
- took my daughter fishing and hiking
- took my father hunting to the far east (Saskatchewan)
- caught some salmon with my elder brother
- travelled around the province with my wife to some great music festivals
- even managed to do some work stuff but that was nowhere as much fun as the other stuff
And through it all I managed to keep plugging away at my blog. Writing is what I love to do, and like a lot of other things in life, you don’t have to be good at it to enjoy doing it. I have enve made some people happy with my writing. Every now and then I will get a comment or an email from a reader saying how much they enjoyed my blog and if I could bring back the casserole dish that they left at the last family get together it would be appreciated. Okay, maybe only mom writes to say that she enjoyed my blog but it is a start.
One of the interesting aspects of the blog is my ability to track where readers are from and I have started on my quest to get a reader from every country in the world (or at least a visitor). My list to date includes:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States
So I have 24 of the approximately 195 countries that are presently defined by today’s political landscape. I am setting myself a goal of two new countries a month - a goal which should be doable.
As I get closer to the New Year I will post more goals as I find it easier to post goals than achieve them. I guess that is what I love about the season – the ability to plan for the future without having to do all of the hard work associated with all that planning. Heck, I even enjoying planning for the planning session.
I am off now to go make up some "best laid plans" and to do my Christmas shopping.