Friday, February 18, 2011

A new job!

A pair of black bears

So today will mark the end of my first week as the guy sitting in the office that has the title of Provincial Coordinator, Bear Aware Program. The job is great, at least I think/hope it will be great as right now all I am doing is trying to get enough background information on the process that I don't shoot myself in the foot the first time I am asked a question of any importance.

The mission of Bear Aware is to reduce the number of bear-human conflicts in communities through education, innovation and cooperation. So the focus is on education and it is amazing how effective the process is. I don't know yet how we get all the bears to sit still in class but I am wiling to give it a go.

I have a great office and as I mentioned the other day it is right next to where my buddy Gerry works so that is an extra bonus. Additionally my friend Pat works just down the street at Pro-Video so I should never be at a loss for coffee or walking partners.

But as much as I love my new job I am even more excited about the return of the sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be bright and crisp so I will make up for a week of no filming and hopefully have something worthwhile to post here by Monday.

Enjoy the weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Peter Andrew Patrick SulzleFebruary 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM

    Congratulations on the great new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great, Frank. And most likely some great photo ops. Tell me more about the bare human encounters. Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Danial - a job as bare aware coordinator would probably be very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Ever since old Rebel rolled on me and I've been strapped to this old hospital bed I've enjoyed whatever posts come my way.